Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Full Circle
My sisters and brothers know the lovely story of how my mom broke a wooden spoon on my behind. For those of you that don't I was a little bit naughty growing up. I know, hard to believe. One time I was naughty and my mom spanked me and I said, "didn't hurt" to which her response was, "do you want one that does?" Yes was my answer so she got a wooden spoon which broke upon impact. My mother was not a child abuser in any way. She was very patient. She swore at us one time and we all laughed so hard that she didn't do that ever again. My discipline after the spoon incident was to stand in the corner when I was naughty and have stood in many corners, in many houses, motels, probably stores... Back to the story, the wooden spoon in question was just an old spoon that would have broken just as easily as stirring some juice. A 100 years later today Noah wasn't listening to me and I gave him to the count of three or he was going to get a spank. He didn't so I spanked him and his response was..."didn't hurt". I started to laugh. If my mom was paying attention, I am sure that she is laughing as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I'm sure your mom was laughing right along with you. ☺
I've had a few wooden spoon smacks in my lifetime. I earned every single one of them.
My kids have heard me swear so many times, it doesn't even phase them.
That is awesome. Son like mother. You deserved that. I know that mom is laughing and so am I because I remember that day and also when she swore at us.
I am laughing too, and I know your mom and dad are!!! What a great story. Looking forward to October!!!
I am so excited for October as well! However, I got a jury summons for oct - dec. Prayer that I won't need to have any public service to attend to that weekend!
What's happening in October?
My husband is going to the U2 concert in Vegas and I am going along to get out of my house and to visit Amy. A weekend without kids, YEAH!!!
Sounds like fun! I just wondered if there was some reunion I hadn't heard about.
Post a Comment