Friday, November 6, 2009

End of the Canning Season

I am done with canning for this year. Beginning of November, not bad. Still have some dehrydrating to do but I am pretty much done. I have food storage everywhere in my house. I had to clean out a linen closet in order to fit jars in there. There were a lot of new items I canned this year including beans and carrots. I also made apricot and peach raspberry jam. Never made jam before hopefully it turned out. I also burned my hands chopping jalapeno peppers for salsa. Chopped peppers before never had a problem. Wear gloves otherwise you will be looking up cures for the stinging hands on the Internet and sitting with your hands in yogurt. Good times. I am done though and my total canning number is...203 jars of items. Yes, 203 total jars of vegetables, salsa, pickles, jam. I am exhausted but it is worth it! I have to brag a little bit and show my hard work.

my linen closet turned food storage closet
beautiful!




3 comments:

Liz said...

Wow! more than impressive!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job. That makes my 70 jars look like nothing. Way to go!!!

Chelsea said...

It's like grams' house! I bet it smelled like it too!