Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween

I think that I mentioned last year how much I dislike Halloween. It sometimes seems like a lot of effort for an hour and half jaunt for $5 worth of candy. Dan was going to go to the U game but there was no way I was going to take three kids trick or treating. I think that I would hit one house and then be done. Coming up with ideas for costumes is hard enough and then figuring out how to make them is another thing. I refuse to pay a lot of money for a costume that is worn one night. We tried to talk Jack and Noah (mainly Noah) into being Tinkerbell, Peter Pan and Captain Hook or if they didn't want to be Peter Pan than they could be a crocodile with a clock around there neck. Noah was not going for that at all. He then decided (me and Dan told him) that he was going to be a vampire. Jack wanted to be a mummy and Kate was a cat. Here are some pictures from our night.

Getting Ready to go

Kate looking thrilled to to


This was before we had started and she has already wiped off one side of her whiskers


Let's get going already



Noah as a vampire, not Dracula. Anyone that said "it's dracula", Noah would say I am not Dracula, I am a vampire. He also kept asking why he was a fancy vampire and that he didn't want to drink any blood.
Seriously looks like he has had some blood to drink.


Noah the Happy Vampire

Jack as the Mummy. this costume took forever. We started out with the scary fabric and I had it sewn on the front and then realized we didn't have enough to finish. Midnight run to Wal-mart to get a sheet. Dan then stayed up using Velcro, pins and some sewing to get it put together. Fell apart a little bit at a party so then I sewed it on there better. Halloween night we added the scary fabric and bloody fabric. Looked pretty good but slowly started to unravel.

They all had fun. Kate was done by about 8:30 so Dan brought me and Kate home and took the boys just around our little neighborhood. When they dropped me off they had about half a bag of candy and when they came home their bags were overflowing. I guess the people in my town homes didn't get a lot of trick or treaters and gave my kids handfuls. We will see how long it lasts! My bet is by Friday it will all be gone.
Hope everyone had a happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The costumes are great. I agree about the time it takes. I can't believe how many costumes mom made for us.