The second day without the rails she stayed on her bed and took a nap but that night fun started. She came out of the room once and we told her to go back in her room. She covered her face with her hands and with a fake cry ran back to her bedroom. We thought that she went to sleep because we didn't hear anything. At 11pm she came out of her room. I took her back in there and she had ripped apart a diaper. That thing was destroyed. I don't know how she did it. There were bits of cotton stuffing, the plastic or whatever covers the outside of the diaper, the gritty stuff on the inside of the diaper, everywhere.
The third day I put her in the room to take a nap. I could hear her in there but she didn't come out at all. At 5 or so I went in to go and get her and this is what I find.

She was curled up in a little ball by her bed asleep after a party happened in her room. The room was clean before this. She had taken her clothes out of the dresser. She had three shirts on and one pair of pants that she didn't start out in. Toys were everywhere, books everywhere. I had to push toys with the door so I could get into the room. I feel like I need to empty her room before I put her in there. Hopefully she will learn to stay in bed and just go to sleep. These are the days that I love to be a mom.
1 comment:
Love Katie. What fun it is to move kids to a bed?
Post a Comment