Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cub Scouts

Jack is now a cub scout. He has already earned his bobcat so we had to go to pack night. All I can say is bless the leaders who have this calling. I thought that I was going to go crazy with all those boys running around. Here are some pictures of pack night.

Playing a game. They had to keep the balloons up without putting their hands on it and get to the end of they gym.
See the leader? She is 9 months pregnant. 9 months pregnant and trying to wrangle 20 kids together, I'm impressed.

Noah lasted about 10 steps before he came over with his hands over his ears saying it was too loud. Noah isn't the best in social situations, he is a loner at heart. Then about 5 minutes after this Jack tripped on his shoelace and fell down and hit his knee.

When the boys get a badge the moms get a pin. Being humongous we went with the pin it on the bottom of the shirt. I guess next time I will bring a ladder.
Getting his badge and my poor posture. I need to work on that before I look like the hunchback of Notre Dam
So handsome.

Before we left to go. Thanks to Uncle Adam and Aunt Jill who gave him the shirt, neckerchief and the thingy that you pull over the ends. What is that called? Jack wrote you (meaning Adam and Jill) a thank you note but I didn't get it in the mail. If you email me your address I will send it. A little bit late but I don't buy stamps and I am forgetful. Jack keeps reminding me so I will get it to you.

My cute little cub scout.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jack. You are such a handsome boy.

It was quite the challenge when I was den leader trying to wrangle the boys, I can't believe your leader is 9 months pregnant and still able to wrangle the boys.

Adam, Jill and the gang said...

Cub scouts is SO fun! Way to go Jack! We are very proud of you! Keep up the great scouting!

PS The thing that holds the neckerchief on is called a neckerchief slide

Liz said...

wow - I can't believe he is that old. Wasn't it just a couple of summers ago you came up & we went to the coast?

Dan and Dionne said...

I know, they are getting older by the minute which unfortunately means I am as well. I need to bring them up there again to see the ocean. Noah thinks this little pond by our house is the ocean.