Noah would play x-box all day long if I let him. This is what I hear during that time: "Mom, watch me jump over this." "Mom, watch this." "Mom, see this guy, watch what I am going to do". If I am in another room than it is "MOM!". If I don't go out to watch his lego man then again "MOM!" Again and again until I finally give and go in the room to watch him. If he isn't playing x-box then he is watching SpongeBob or Phineas and Ferb. Then I get this. "Mom, watch this, isn't that funny." Mom, look. Wait a second until I rewind it. See. Isn't that so funny." "Can I watch that part again?" "Can you buy that for me" Listen to what Ferb just said."
Yep, insightful and in depth.
Noah, in pajamas that don't match. SpongeBob top and Spiderman bottoms. Maybe he should be SpiderBob or Sponge Man. Here is another pleasant conversation I had. Katy came out of her bedroom with this chicken in a dress (usually she tries to put things in her clothes. I can't convince her that a chicken that is 5 inches isn't going to fit in her clothes.)
Nice chicken in a dress, right? Don't you love the little pony tail? Katy said I needed to make her pretty.She keeps saying that this is chicken princess in her pretty princess dress. "look at the chicken princess". Uh huh is usually the response I give. There is only so many times I can say, yes that is a chicken princess. She is beautiful. She keeps saying this and Noah chimes in, "she isn't a princess. she is a waitress. you can only be a princess if you have a crown." Katy is insisting that it is a chicken princess and Noah is insisting that it is a waitress. (They have seen Princess and the Frog too many times. That is where the waitress reference comes from. I don't take them anyplace where a waitress usually is. The question we usually get is "do you want fries with that".) This argument between the princess and the waitress debate goes on for a least 10 minutes.
These are just a few examples of the conversations I have during the day. Does anyone else understand why I need adult conversation? Anywhere that I don't have to hear the words: SpongeBob, princess, Ferb, Lego Man is good enough for me. If you get it, could you please explain to Dan? Please! Wait, I need to go. I think I just heard the theme song to Phineas and Ferb. Anyone know a good hiding place?

2 comments:
Roseburg
Any time you need grown up time, let me know. Those two are two peas in a pod.
Post a Comment