Monday, April 19, 2010

Play Ball!

We signed Jack and Noah up for baseball this year. Noah for T-Ball and Jack for machine pitch. In reality they are pretty much the same thing. They don't play positions, they just stand in a row. There aren't any outs. Once you hit the ball you run to first. Once the next person hits, you run to second, etc. I have only been to one practice of Jack's and quite a few for Noah. They had the opening ceremonies on Saturday and their first games. Noah's was interesting, ok kind of boring. Kate however did stay with us the whole game. We left and came back for Jack's game. I didn't get to watch a lot of Jack's game because the playground was in sight and Katy wanted nothing to do with watching the game. I couldn't just let her go nuts on the playground because many little boys + cleats = squished fingers. The boys had fun so that is all that matters. Here are some photos from Sat. Warning: there are a lot of photos below.

Jack playing catcher for one round
He actually threw a ball back to the guy running the machine and it landed in the bucket with the rest of the balls. Everyone said to get that boy a golf club.

Waiting on First


Look at that intense concentration



Katy enjoying the "bastetball dame" which is Katy for basketball game.

Noah on First

Noah hitting the ball. Love the stance.

Noah's coach actually pitches them three balls and if they don't hit it, he puts it on the Tee.

Most of the time when we looked out into the field Noah was drawing in the dirt.

He is probably telling the kid what to do.


Noah and his team running out to the field during opening ceremonies. Noah's coach should be sainted. He is very patient with all the boys. He said that they all stand out in the field during games and half say they are bored, the other half say they are going home or need a break. I think that I would lose my mind but he just keeps telling them to get in their ready positions and they are doing great.
I think that it may be a long season watching Noah draw things in the dirt. I actually think it is amazing that Noah is focused enough to stay with his team for an hour. Jack is having a great time and tries so hard to be better.
Way to go Jack and Noah.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Cute stuff! I might have to come down sometime and see this intense drawing in the dirt! :D