Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Midway Adventure

We went up to Midway a couple of weeks ago and stayed in a friend of Dan's cabin. This is the only way I enjoy "camping". Growing up my family would go frolicking in the woods and I would stay home. I have no problem with enjoying the great outdoors as long as I can be home in the evening where the shower is and where freezing, (I mean sleeping) in a tent is not involved. The kids has a great time. Dan's friends rented some 4-wheelers and I don't think I saw the kids for most of the day. Noah especially. I thought that I was going to have a child permanently attached to it. After the day the little boys especially were so dirty. Katy kept walking around saying (I not filfy). Noah and Jack kept saying they would wait to take a shower because this wasn't their house but I won in the end! Here are a couple of pictures from that weekend.

Katy and Dad. I think the helmet weighed almost as much as she did but it was the smallest one they had.
Noah- seriously this kid didn't want to ever leave the 4-wheeler

Jack wasn't quite as vocal as Noah but I think that he would have stayed there forever.

Justin

Josh giving Noah a ride.

Hello? Can you see me in here?
It was fun. On the way home we had some adventures that involved a tire shop, car sick children, and a hurt and bleeding toe. I was grateful at that point that we made it home at all but it just made the trip more memorable.



1 comment:

Amy said...

How fun!! I love the picture of Katy and that big helmet. Sounds like you are having a great summer.