Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Kid Dress up

When you were young and free did you ever see some frazzled looking mom and kids wearing the oddest combinations and you thought to your self I will never do that. Yeah, ok that was me. Now I am old(er) and frazzled and do the same thing I promised myself I would never do. It all began when Jack was 15 months and took him into the store in shorts and Buzz Lightyear snow boots. It was so not worth the argument to get the boots off of him. I took him to the babysitter like that and she was completely understanding.
Then I get to Noah. Noah likes to comb his hair himself. Noah has naturally curly hair and it my be possessed by something. It isn't the easiest hair in the world to do. He will do his hair and it will look dreadful but I am in a hurry so we just leave.
Now Katy. This is how she dressed herself to go to Maverick.


She is obviously thrilled with her choice. So, I took her to Maverick like this. Ok she really didn't look like this, I do have some standards. She wasn't wearing the glasses. Granted the area we live in, if you have shoes on you are considered dress but still.
Where did I go wrong? Is this my punishment for mocking those frazzled mom's with the oddly dressed kids? Do I need to give myself an extra 10 minutes to physically remove the clothes and replace them? That is so not going to happen. I think maybe I will start putting a disclaimer on my kids that says, "I dressed myself. Don't mock my mom, because this could be your life one day". I actually think to myself that they are just showing their creative side, hold my head up high and say to myself, at least they have clothes on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should make a T-shirt with that statement on it. You just have to love kids.

Chelsea said...

I was there for the buzz lightyear incident.