Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Kate!

It was actually Kate's birthday yesterday but yesterday was NUTS! So, her official birthday is September 30. I thought I would share some info on Kate.
  • Kate was an unplanned blessing!
  • The week that she was born Dan kept asking me not to go into labor on Sunday because the broncos were playing. Dan wen to church on Sunday, I stayed home. Dan got back from church and I was in labor. Dan wanted to name her Peyton but I just couldn't do it because I was sure that since she was born on "Football Sunday" people would think we named her after Payton Manning.
  • Was born with tons of black hair that stood straight up. It has lightened up a bit but she will never be blond like her brothers. It has also calmed down but if you have seen photos of her in here it is still wild at times. She also had a very squished nose and not the most attrative baby at birth.
  • Was 8 lbs 6 oz. A full 2 lbs bigger than Jack. Dan made the comment that it sure is nice that our boys are petite and our daughter is not. Today she weighs 20 lbs and 1 oz and is 30 1/4 inches tall. She is in the 30% for weight and 95% for height. So tall and slender, wonder where she gets that from...
  • Didn't have a name for 2 days. Could not agree. Dan want Sophie or Lily. She almost was named Elizabeth. Finally we ( really me) named her Kate Christine. Not Katherine or Kaitlyn, just Kate. We call her Katy but spell it Katy and not Katie. (we just want to be a little bit different!)

Her present from Grandma.

Opening a present from her Aunt and cousins.

Singing Happy Birthday!


Eating her cake.

Should have thought the orange frosting through a little bit more... oh well you only turn 1 once.

Even though she was not planned, I am so blessed by having her. She is such a good baby. So much fun putting dresses on her and painting her toes. Love my little girl what more can I say!

4 comments:

Christa said...

My husband fought me forever on the name Peyton. He didn't want anyone thinking he's a Colts freak or something. So, our son didn't have a name for about the first 18 hours of his life. He finally gave in. Haha, I won.

Dan and Dionne said...

I hate to say that I won too but when men start having the babies, then they can name them!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Katy!!! So glad that you were born. And very glad that your Mom won on the naming issue!! You are absolutely right, when men have babies they can name them. However, I lost -- really wanted a Jacob and got a Samuel.

Chelsea said...

Oh...she's so big! I haven't seen her since Jacob's wedding! I hope my future children are as adorable as yours are!