Thursday, July 30, 2009

Swimming

For the 24th of July we were going to go to the parade but then remembered that on the days we went to the parade we end up with whining, hot and sweaty kids. Not a good combination. We decided to take the kids swimming instead. Here are a few pictures of the kids swimming. My apologies for the ones with me in it, they are a little bit frightening. I rarely I mean never put on a bathing suit and from these photos I remember why.







Kate decided she needed her floaters on her legs.


Kate and Josh



They all seemed to have a good time. Later that night we coated the kids with bug spray, took our TV outside and had a "drive-in movie". That fit into out budget better than the normal drive-in. On the plus side Kate could only go as far as the little bit of grass we have and the blankets we set out. There is nothing I like better than to chase my children in public. I look like the kids are in control which is easier to pretend that they don't from the safety of my own home. All in all it was a fun day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun and a way to stay cool.