Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Kid to English Dictionary

You know how your kids have words that would make a person scratch their head and wonder what they are talking about? One of my greatest joys in life is to send my kids with someone with no knowledge of what they are saying. I have said that I need to make a dictionary so that people know what they mean. Here are some of my favorites that my kids use.

  • dog soda: mug rootbeer
  • ear flossers: q-tips
  • speed on you: go faster than you
  • bemple song: "I love to see the Temple" song
  • Jos-I-you: Josh where are you
  • Mightning: Lightning
  • elmo sit: This one Katy kept saying and at first I thought she was saying animal and then a naughty word. She really was saying Elmo sit. We have a stroller with Sesame Characters on it. She calls chairs sit. So Elmo sit. Makes perfect sense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that we all need dictionaries for childrens vocabulary. I needed one for a few of the kids in nursery today.

Adam, Jill and the gang said...

It was fun swimming on Saturday with you guys! Your pool out in Stansbury looks fun too!