I really am thankful for the garden and the food I get from it but what am I supposed to do with this many pumpkins? I am going to can them so that I can use them throughout the year but do you know how many pies this will make? I am thinking at least a zillion and one. Dan also said that since these ones were picked that the others still on the vines would be able to ripen. Again I am thinking a few so I hesitate for a second and ask. 20 is the answer. You heard me, 20 more pumpkins. Please tell me these will not ripen until October. Hopefully is his answer. I am praying to the almighty Mother Nature that I won't have 20 more pumpkins in a month. They need to wait just 2 more months. I also have no idea why he planted so many. We planted one vine last year and somebody stole all of our pumpkins so maybe he was thinking that if some get stolen we will still have a million for the kids to choose from. In theory a great plan, in reality a zillion and one pumpkin pies.Thursday, August 20, 2009
Pumpkins in August?
My husband swears that he planted them when he was supposed to but our pumpkins are ripe now. If he didn't pick them they would go rotten. I was thinking a few pumpkins. He went over to our garden space and came home with this:
I really am thankful for the garden and the food I get from it but what am I supposed to do with this many pumpkins? I am going to can them so that I can use them throughout the year but do you know how many pies this will make? I am thinking at least a zillion and one. Dan also said that since these ones were picked that the others still on the vines would be able to ripen. Again I am thinking a few so I hesitate for a second and ask. 20 is the answer. You heard me, 20 more pumpkins. Please tell me these will not ripen until October. Hopefully is his answer. I am praying to the almighty Mother Nature that I won't have 20 more pumpkins in a month. They need to wait just 2 more months. I also have no idea why he planted so many. We planted one vine last year and somebody stole all of our pumpkins so maybe he was thinking that if some get stolen we will still have a million for the kids to choose from. In theory a great plan, in reality a zillion and one pumpkin pies.
I really am thankful for the garden and the food I get from it but what am I supposed to do with this many pumpkins? I am going to can them so that I can use them throughout the year but do you know how many pies this will make? I am thinking at least a zillion and one. Dan also said that since these ones were picked that the others still on the vines would be able to ripen. Again I am thinking a few so I hesitate for a second and ask. 20 is the answer. You heard me, 20 more pumpkins. Please tell me these will not ripen until October. Hopefully is his answer. I am praying to the almighty Mother Nature that I won't have 20 more pumpkins in a month. They need to wait just 2 more months. I also have no idea why he planted so many. We planted one vine last year and somebody stole all of our pumpkins so maybe he was thinking that if some get stolen we will still have a million for the kids to choose from. In theory a great plan, in reality a zillion and one pumpkin pies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I guess there's always pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and...well, I can't really think of any other pumpkin recipe right now. I'm sure there's tons more.
Awesome pumpkins. Grandpa's never looked like them. I only know of the toasted the seeds. I did it once in second grade I think.
I have a FANTASTIC pumpkin waffle recipe I can send over! Also, pumpkin cake roll and a pumpkin bar recipe. I HOPE the mighty mother nature God blessed our garden and we get as much stuff as you have. We have heard that you can plant a fall garden here because it does not freeze until later. Wish us luck!!!
Post a Comment