Friday, June 1, 2012

Universal Studios

On our last day of vacation we went to Universal Studios in Hollywood. This is not my favorite place but the passes that we bought included this. I think that the older kids were excited. As soon as we went in there was this Horror Museum. I got in there with Katy and there were signs that said not suggested for children. I hate being scared and didn’t want to deal with an upset little girl the rest of the time. Katy and I were sitting on a bench near the exit to wait for the rest and all of a sudden here comes Noah and Dan. I guess Noah freaked out and they had to leave during a side door. So glad I didn’t go in there. The older kids said that place was messed up. After we went on the Jurassic Park ride. There was no way I would be able to talk Kate into going on that one so Dan and the older kids went first and then I went on later. Most of us ended up with wet spots and then I look at Noah. Noah looked like he went swimming in the water. He was wet from head to toe. After they went on the Mummy ride. I was reading the sign and it said it goes backward. I did not want to go on it so Kate and I waited. They came out of the ride and Brianna loved it and wanted to go again. They all said that I had to go on it so Brianna and I went on it. I was sick to my stomach from the going backwards portion. I was thinking that it would pass. We went on the studio tour and being on a bus was not doing the best for an already car sick person. Then there was this 3D King Kong thing with the bus shaking. Katy was screaming and I was trying to brace myself and her. After the tour I was so carsick. I don’t usually get sick. They went to a show and Kate and I sat outside and waited for them. Once done it was starting to get cold so the kids went on one last ride. The Simpsons which is a computer generated ride. I know I would get sick on that so I passed. We sent Katy with the kids and when they got off the ride Katy was crying and came running over to me. She was less than pleased with that ride. Brianna said she pretty much screamed and cried the whole time. We left and drove around to try to find the Hollywood sign. After going on this twisty road we were right across from the sign. At this point I was pretty sure I was going to die. What a great ending for a trip right? The kids had fun there but it will be a long time before anyone can convince me to go there again.



On the red carpet ready to go in

 Katy and Diego

 Katy and Dora
 This guy was on these huge stilts. He had these contacts that made his eyes creepy. Brianna and I were wondering if we took out picture with him we could rub his abs.

 Beetlejuice


 The place of the fateful Mummy Ride.
 Katy loved that Scooby Doo picked her up.
 Waiting to go on the tour with 3D glasses
 A yummy snack for Jaws

Kids with the Lorax with Noah doing who knows what

This next morning we left to go home. it was a great vacation and the kids had a great time which is all that we wanted.

No comments: