I am finally finished with all of my canning adventures for the year. So with that in mind I thought that I would count my blessings. I am grateful for my ward who has garden spaces for those who have no room for one in their own yard. I am grateful for my husbands green thumb. Little garden space, huge harvest! I am grateful for my Grams and Mom who taught me how to can so it didn't go to waste. I am grateful the DI had jars for 0.50 cents each because I went through a lot of jars. and finally....I am grateful to be DONE! I don't have an exact tally but I have 30-40 jars of tomatoes, at least 20 jars of pickles (different types, dill, relish, bread and butter, etc.), 7 pints of salsa (which I have never made before and was a lot harder than I thought it would be). Then I have a freezer full of peppers (bell, Anaheim, jalapeno, chilies), butternut squash, spaghetti squash, zucchini, green beans, summer squash and peaches. It will be nice to know my hard work will pay off during the winter where we will be having spaghetti, tomato soup, tomatoes on eggs, whatever else I can think of....
Some of my canning, there is a lot more now.
1 comment:
I've never canned in my life. I somehow always managed to weasel out of it when I was a kid. I've been thinking that I should start.
Post a Comment