Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Halloween is over again. I confess, I am not a big Halloween fan. I hate to be scared so no scary movies, haunted houses (why pay someone to scare you?), ghost hunter shows on tv...I understand the whole candy thing though. Here are some pictures from our Halloween night.

Kate as Dorothy. The shoes were huge so a little bit after this was taken, the shoes came off for some different ones.
Noah the spider. I made this. The legs are tied to each other with fishing line so when he moved his arms his legs moved. However, didn't count on the excited three year old and not staying in one place. It got caught around the arm rests in our van, a sprinkler head... Anyways, Noah would yell Trick or Treat and I mean yell! Then he would tell them that he was a spider and Jack was a Jack-o-lantern.
Here is Jack as a Jack-o-lantern



The only thing that I can come up with the whole jack-o-lantern with Noah is that we called him Count Jackula. Jack was very excited to have black hair and the makeup until it came time to wash it out. How come I am always the one with the child screaming in the bath tub as I am scrubbing hair and faces? I think I will go on strike next year. He makes one scary vampire though.

Trick or Treating

Getting ready to go trick or treating

Look at Noah eyeing that candy! He was actually more excited by the little thing of play-doh he got.

That is quite the haul, Count Jackula!

All in all it was a fun night. It was really warm so that was a bonus. I actually was warm walking around. According to Dan it was because I had luggage. Actually is was the diaper bag with diapers, wipes, a bottle, mittens, hats, blanket.... I am a little over prepared sometimes. The kids had a great time and got a lot of candy!
Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

So Cute!!!! and Scary!!!! Jack you make a very scary vampire. Noah what a great spider. Kate you look so cute as Dorothy. Justin way to go as Michael Jackson. I hope everyone had a great Halloween. Kudos to Dan and Dionne.

Christa said...

You are very nice parents. I'm not so nice. I've never actually taken my kids around the neighborhood to trick or treat. I rely on the ward trunk or treat for that. I guess I'm a party pooper.

Amy said...

I tag you! Go to my blog to see what to do!!