One of my good friends father passed away this week and it started me thinking about my parents and life in general. We never know what life is going to throw at us. Sometimes it is good and sometimes it is so bad that you don't know if you can get up and keep moving down the path. I sometimes think to myself that I signed up for this but I sure would like to see what else is going to happen so I can prepare. The unexpected is so hard to come to terms with but the expected sometimes isn't any better. When my mom was sick, I knew that she was going to leave the earth but it was so hard to tell her how much I loved her. It was so much easier to sit and watch a movie and laugh. I really should have expressed my love for her. Hopefully she knew when she left. With my dad being an unexpected death I didn't get the chance to tell him either. So, in the grand scheme of things take the chance whenever you can to tell people how much you love them. Don't take it for granted because you never know when that curve ball is going to be thrown in your direction. As for me, I will remember my parents and teach my children about them. Remember the good times and the bad times. Sometime I will be a little bit angry that they aren't here with us anymore but also be grateful that I know where they are and that I will see them again someday. Hopefully I will make them proud of me as they are looking down (or up since my moms last book she read was a little naughty! Totally Joking...I hope anyways!). Sometimes I remember the craziest things and either laugh or cry. I was watching Singing in the Rain the other day and the last time I watched it, it was with my brother and my mom. I just remember my brother asking my mom why she didn't put him in dance classes so he could have been the next Gene Kelly. He also said "that man can dance". It brought a smile to my face. It made me remember the many times my mom, brother and Jacob would watch some interesting movies. If my brother reads this, remember "Mame" with Lucille Ball?
I love my parents and I am grateful for everything that they taught me. It makes me sad to know that they aren't her to help me out but I can miss them and know that they love me.
Most people around me don't know that my parents are both gone so I am pulling the cat out of the bag but I just felt like I needed to say that I love my parents and I miss them.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Of course. It is almost as good as Xanadu.
I'm so sorry. I didn't realize that you had lost both of your parents. It sounds like you have a good attitude and it's good that you have all of those memories. Don't worry. Both of your parents knew that you loved them. I think to myself everyday how thankful I am for the Plan of Salvation. It brings such peace and comfort to have the gospel in my life.
Xanadu! I almost forgot about that one. Olivia Newton John on rollerskates, what could be better!
Wonderful tribute. I am with you that we will see them again and that they are watching out for us. Coyote Ugly and Sweet Home Alabama comes to mind for me of one of the last movies she watched alot. I miss them alot, too.
Post a Comment