- Was induced with Noah and 4 hours after he was born.
- Was 7lbs 1oz and between 20-22 inches. I don't think they measureed him correctly because his 2 week exam he would have had to grow a couple of inches. So the length is an estimate. He was really long!
- Jack named him. We had a list of names but at the hospital Jack kept telling everyone his brothers name was Noah. We just decided the stick with Noah. His middle name is William after my dad. After the complaint with Jack and not naming a child after him, we figured since he was in Heaven he couldn't voice a complaint. When Noah was learning to say his name it came out "Woah".
- His head is flat on the right side. Here is a lesson for all parents out there. Make sure that your baby doesn't spend to much time on one side. Totally creates a flat head. The doctor kept telling us that as his head grew it would "pop" back out. Well that didn't happen. Yes Jacob, I should have listened and put him in a helmet. Our pediatrician now said that 9 times out of 10 the head does grow out. We just happen to be the one out of 10. On the bright side it is all cosmetic and won't cause any brain damage.
- Is left handed.
- Noah marches to the beat of his own drum. He is such a character. If any one has met him they can attest to this fact. On his 3 year doctor appt. she suggested we get a book called Raising a Spirited Child or something to that effect. Dan and I looked at each other and said spirited, he is possessed. He has A LOT of energy. He is very bright but very unfocused. You will ask him to look at you when you are talking to him and he focuses for about 10 seconds and then his eyes start to wander. You say "Noah" and he looks back and same thing over and over again.
- He loves to be outside. He is very curious which sometimes is not a good thing. Especially when it involves big holes for water pipes or something like that. It is really hard to punish him sometimes because he is so funny when he is naughty so I try to suppress the laughter until later.
- I wouldn't trade him for a calmer child even if I may be writing from a nut farm one day.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Happy Birthday to Noah!
I know that you are all thinking that I must be the luckiest person to have 2 children with birthdays so close to Christmas. Just adds more excitement in the "who gets to eat this month" game. (Seriously I feed my kids, promise!) My birthday is also in December so we usually forget that which is fine by me. When I was pregnant with Jack and due in December my mom asked me why I didn't have enough sense not to get pregnant so i would be due in December. Well, when Noah had pretty much the same birth date I am sure she was having a great laugh in Heaven. Anyways...Noah's birthday was Tuesday. We actually celebrated it yesterday. This is an improvement on last year when we forgot it was even his birthday until half way through the day. Granted we did celebrate it the same weekend as Jack's but just to acknowledge that it was his birthday, that didn't happen. He are some fun things for Noah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
My two oldest were born in January. One on the 3rd and the other on the 27th. Not in the same month as Christmas, but close enough. I vowed that with any other children, I would absolutely avoid that time of year. The other two were born in July and September. Much easier on the wallet. I've always tried to make sure that they feel special and not cheated on their birthdays. It's not their fault that we were dumb and I got pregnant when I did. I hope your kids both had great days!
Happy Birthday Noah!!! You are a joy and we love you very much. Dionne you always loved your birthday in December (HA,HA,HA), so it is justice for you to have a child born in December. Just remember you always got birthday wrap and the rest of us got newspaper.
You forgot his birthday last year?! jk had to laugh at that. of course mom and dad were usually in mesquite during my birthday.
Post a Comment