Friday, January 23, 2009

That's My Boy!

During the summer a new chapel was built across the street from where I live. The building is finally complete and we went to our first meeting there on Sunday. I am grateful that the building in complete. They started in the summer and it was a whole lot of fun for me. Here are some "highlights" of the church being built.


  • I would constantly find my little boy standing next to the fence and finally found his way into the fenced area that they were building the church in.

  • The contractor came and told me that they had to remove the fence and there was going to be a big hole. He wanted to warn me because he had seen my little boy running wild and didn't want him to get hurt.

  • One day I couldn't find my little boy anywhere. I was walking up and down my street starting to get into panic mode. Then I heard him. I looked over and he was in his coat (this was a hot summer day), shorts, had his bike was talking to a construction worker and eating the construction workers lunch. Nice!

  • Looked out my window one day and saw him in the newly poured parking lot riding his bike. I am pretty sure the asphalt was dry at that point...

  • My other little boy came and told me that my little boy was doing something naughty. I went over to where he was and there he was, filling in the holes that they had dug for landscaping purposes. Oh, and he had no shoes on.

  • Found him a couple of times on the "tractors"...no idea what type of construction vehicles they were.

Hopefully all will know who the little boy in the story is. Yep, Noah. How did you know? Oh, did I mention that sometimes I would find him standing next to the construction site in just a shirt and nothing else (not even underwear). I am just waiting for CPS to come knocking on my door. So, I am very grateful that the chapel is complete. Now if I could get him to actually go to his class in the new chapel...I will work on that another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! I laughed hysterically. I love Noah!!!!!!!!!! So much fun for you.