We had a great Easter. Jack, Noah and I dyed eggs on Saturday night. Dan and Justin were watching a basketball game and Katy was driving me crazy trying to climb on the table. Noah was a little bit confused with coloring the eggs. He kept wanting to take them all to show Dan and when I say all I mean ALL at the same time. He was so proud of his eggs. He later asked me if he could take them in the bathtub with him, in his bed...etc. Jack was very methodical and took a long time to get his done. I now have a greater appreciation for my Grams and my mom because every year my Grams would have all the
grandkids over to dye eggs. I just had my two boys and wanted to be done 5 minutes into the project. Growing up we also had chickens and brown eggs. There is nothing like try to color brown eggs pink or yellow. My mom in later years finally started buying a couple dozen of white eggs to dye. What a difference!




Easter Sunday we went to my
inlaws for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. We had a nice time. My mother in law bought a ton of candy. I think she forgets there are only 4
grandkids that look for candy and three of them are mine. Katy walked around saying "
nandy" and kept picking it up. Then to keep her quiet on the way home she ate most of the candy. We decided if we ever go on vacation we will have to bring a bag of candy with us. She is seriously a chocoholic. We are going to have her go to rehab. Hopefully she will take after mom and not weigh 300lbs by the time she is two. Easter is over for another year. Hopefully you all had a great Easter.
2 comments:
I'm a mean mom and have never allowed my kids to color eggs in our house. They've done it elsewhere, but not here. I'm thinking about being nice and letting them do it next year.
Sounds like it was a fun Easter. Yes I agree I don't know how Grams and mom did it. I was also grateful when mom bought white eggs for us to color instead of brown eggs.
Post a Comment