Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day

Hope that everyone had a fantastic Memorial Day. Ours was relatively uneventful. We went to the cemetery to put flowers on my parents and grandparents grave. While we were trying to park some man kept honking and trying so hard to get around. Dan never understands why I park so far away from things and walk to where things are at. I hate crowds and people seem to get ruder by the amount of people. So anyways, we are trying to park and Dan is getting more frustrated by the second and keeps saying "why are people in such a hurry. The people they are "visiting" (little callous) aren't going anywhere." Words were exchanged, it was lovely. We put the flowers on the grave and as we are leaving we see the impatient man in the truck and Dan pulls over to apologize. I share this story only to say how proud I am of my husband and the changes that he has made. Anyone that may know Dan, the apology would have NEVER happened before. He has made a lot of changes in his life and it shows.
After the cemetery we went to the park for a picnic with some friends. This park area is next to a canal, a swampland, bacteria breeding pond, your choice on what you want to call it. Well, what appeals more to a curious little boy? He is throwing rocks in it. I keep yelling at him to get over to me so he doesn't fall in. I am telling you, he falls in and a third eye will pop out, the water is disgusting. Later on he is over throwing rocks and some older kids are over there. I figure at this point if he falls in at least I won't have to go in after him and risk the third eye. One of the kids comes over and is crying and says that they kept telling them to not throw rocks but he got hit in the head. We call Noah over and ask him if he hit him in the head. He tells us no but then he said "I was just trying to throw rocks and that kid got in my way." How to you punish after that. I was laughing so hard as was the parent whose kid got hit in the head. We told Noah he needed to go and apologize so he ran over and said "hey kid, sorry". Always fun in the world with Noah.

2 comments:

Christa said...

Why do kids always insist on doing things that will get them the most dirty, are dangerous and disgusting to boot?

Anonymous said...

Noah always has a mind of his own-anything to get dirty and any kind of water. So good of him to say sorry. We also went and put flowers on mom, dad, grandma, grandpa's graves.